5-HTP 60 Capsules
Pure grade 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) to support normal sleep patterns and balanced mood
1-2 capsules daily, or as directed. Up to 600mg per day may be taken, although loose stools may result from higher doses.
For children, the dosage of 5-HTP should be reduced from the adult dose to 20mg for every 10kg of body weight.
Can capsule be opened and sprinkled onto food?
- 50mg 5-HTP per capsule to support normal sleep patterns and balanced mood.
- 5-HTP is derived from the amino acid tryptophan and converted in the body into serotonin, an important neurotransmitter for brain and nerve function.
- 5-HTP may also be converted in the body to melatonin, an important neurotransmitter that regulates the sleep-wake cycle.
- 70% of oral 5-HTP is converted into serotonin, compared with only about 3% oral tryptophan. However, unlike tryptophan, 5-HTP is not found in food and therefore requires supplementation.
- Naturally sourced from the seeds of the plant Griffonia simplicifolia.
Each capsule typically contains:
* NRV is the Nutrient Reference Value
✝ NRV not yet established
Suitable for adults and children from the age of 4 years, in particular those looking for a natural way to support sleep and balance mood.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
If pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any kind of medication, or have a medical condition, please consult a healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
If you are taking antidepressant medication, please do not take 5-HTP unless under supervision by your doctor or qualified medical professional.
This product is hypoallergenic / does not contain any of the 14 major allergens listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation.
Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals.