How Our Products Are Made
Good things take time, as they say. And at Nutri Advanced we know that great things take even longer. All of our supplements, from concept through to creation, go through a rigorous selection process to ensure that we bring only the best supplements to market, backed by science. Formulas that really work. Formulas you can rely on.
New ideas and concepts for a product can come from anywhere. Many come from the scientific research and academic journals we read. Others from the webinars and podcasts we listen to and the lectures we attend. We take inspiration from trade shows and we talk with suppliers from around the world; we listen to our expert colleagues and partners, and take guidance from our trusted health care practitioners. We collect all of our ideas together and discuss them as a team.
Following discussion, we take our best ideas forward for further investigation, performing in-depth research into the ingredients and combinations to evaluate their efficacy and safety.
- Which combination of ingredients will work best and at what dosage, based on the latest science? Will it work?
- Are the ingredients safe and do they comply with UK legislation?
- Are we able to include ingredients of the highest quality?
Following our research, we draw up a number of draft formulas and submit them to our suppliers. All formulas and ingredients must conform to our stringent requirements before they can advance to the next stage.
- Are the ingredients in their optimal forms for absorption and assimilation in the body?
- Are botanicals and active ingredients standardised to ensure consistency?
- Can we make a tablet/capsule that has enough of the ingredients to be effective?
- Can we ensure that any potentially harmful excipients and allergens can be excluded?
- Can we produce a formula that is both effective and affordable?
This is the exciting bit! Our manufacturers make up test samples and send them back to us for the team to try.
- How do they taste? Are they palatable?
- Are they easy to swallow?
- Are they an acceptable colour/appearance?
- What changes do we need to make?
At this stage, we can make tweaks and adjustments to create our final formula. Only when we’re 100% happy are we ready to start making the product. And all of our products are manufactured to GMP-standards at approved production facilities across the UK, Europe and the USA.
Once the final product reaches our state-of-the-art warehouse facility in High Peak, Derbyshire, it is prepared and stored on the shelves in a temperature and humidity-controlled environment, ready to be picked, packed and delivered to your door.
Our entire R&D process is overseen by Product Manager, Gemma Khoo, who has worked at Nutri Advanced since 2007:
“The process of taking a product from idea stage through to launch has been gradually honed over the years, and is never without its challenges, but I’m lucky that I work with a great team, who help to make it an incredibly creative and rewarding process ultimately. It’s a collaborative effort and we absolutely love to hear how a product we have spent time and energy creating has impacted the lives and wellbeing of our customers. One of our main aims as a company is to help people feel well, so when we get feedback that one of the products we’ve created is doing that, it’s a great feeling!”