Guide for Use - UltraPro Whey
What is UltraPro Whey?
UltraPro Whey is a high protein, low carbohydrate whey protein powder with chromium, designed to be mixed with water and consumed as a drink. It is a combination of high quality whey protein isolate and concentrate. It is used for maintaining a healthy muscle mass and body composition, and to support healthy blood sugar balance.
How do I take UltraPro Whey?
UltraPro Whey is taken in the form of a convenient drink or shake as part of a programme or on its own. Blend, stir or briskly shake 1 serving of vanilla UltraPro Whey into 200ml of water (adjust to taste). UltraPro Whey can also be blended with fruit or a milk alternative into a delicious smoothie (see below for recipes).
How can I expect to feel on this product?
You should not experience any side effects on this product, however if you do experience any mild discomfort or side effects you need to contact your health care practitioner.
It may be advisable to use UltraPro Whey as part of a structured and supervised support programme. Please ensure you maintain an appointment schedule with your health professional.
Suggested Product Mixing Instructions
UltraPro Whey Food Plan Suggestions
UltraPro Whey can be used as part of a food plan. If you are using UltraPro Whey as part of a meal or as a snack replacement you should feel full (not deprived) and should be able to continue your normal activities, including eating away from home or entertaining friends. The following suggestions should be followed to maximise the benefits of the product.
1. Take your UltraPro Whey daily.
2. Remember that not all fats are bad! Consume healthy fats and consider a fatty acid supplement.
3. Eat regular meals. Aim for 2-3 main meals per day with regular healthy snacks in between. You should aim to eat something every 2 ½ to 3 hours.
4. Make sure that you eat enough protein each day. You should aim to include a serving of protein with each meal to help preserve your muscle mass.
5. Drink plenty of water. Water is a natural diuretic that helps flush toxins from your body. It also helps keep your appetite under control.
6. Make sure that you get your 5 a day – vegetables are rich in the nutrients you need to build muscle and burn fat. Take advantage of the low glycaemic index vegetables. These are full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and fibre.
7. Plan your meals for the day to ensure you well are prepared.
8. Don’t skip a meal: A low glycaemic plan diet is designed to nutritionally support your body as you lose fat and improve your body composition. If you skip a meal, you not only increase the likelihood that you will be excessively hungry later in the day and perhaps then eat too much.
9. Eat slowly: Take at least 20 minutes to eat a meal. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to send the “full” message to your brain. If you hurry meals, you can eat too much before you realise you are satisfied. Eating is a pleasant experience. Eating slowly helps you extend that pleasure as long as you can.
10. Include exercise: Moderate exercise, such as brisk walking for 30 minutes, at least three times a week is suggested.
The UltraPro Whey Food Plan
These are suggested foods to include only, any major dietary changes should be discussed with your health professional.
Useful Additions to UltraPro Whey
Important note: The above suggestions are recommendations only and any changes to your programme should be discussed with your health professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who can take UltraPro Whey?
A. Those who wish to support healthy weight management and healthy muscle mass; healthy people who might miss meals occasionally (or need healthy snacks); people with blood sugar balance problems; body builders and athletes; elderly people (who may not eat much); and those who need to add protein to their diet after illness.
Q. How does UltraPro Whey differ from UltraMeal (Soy) and UltraMeal Whey?
A. UltraPro Whey has a slightly higher level of protein than UltraMeal™ does, and a lower level of carbohydrate/sugars. UltraPro Whey is a suitable alternative for those wanting a lower sugar option and it also does not contain Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), which can cause occasional bloating in some people. Although it contains chromium, which supports healthy blood sugar, it doesn’t contain the range of vitamins and minerals that UltraMeal™ does.
Q. How does UltraPro Whey differ from BioPure Protein?
A. Both products use whey as the protein source; however UltraPro Whey has a slightly higher protein content and a lower carbohydrate and fat content than BioPure Protein. UltraPro Whey has the addition of chromium so can be used to support blood sugar balance. BioPure Protein uses a particular whey protein concentrate, which is high in immunoglobulins which support the immune system. Whey proteins all support the immune system to a certain extent but BioPure Protein is more targeted.
Q. What about allergies?
A. Those with a dairy intolerance may be able to take UltraPro Whey; discuss with your health professional. Those with a dairy allergy must avoid UltraPro Whey. UltraPro Whey also contains soy lecithin. Those with a soy allergy should avoid this formula, but as UltraPro Whey only contains soy oil, rather than soy protein, those with an intolerance should experience no problems with this formula. Please discuss with your practitioner.
Q. How long do I need to take UltraPro Whey for?
A. UltraPro Whey is safe to use until your goals are reached and one serving of UltraPro Whey a day can be included for as long as desired.
For more information on our expert formulations or any other products, please call us on freephone 0800 212 742 / ROI 1890 987 505 (low-cost)
This content is restricted, please Log In to a Health Professional or Student Health Professional account