Metagest™ features the acidifying factor betaine HCl (hydrochloride) combined with the proteolytic enzyme pepsin. As the Metagest tablet dissolves in the stomach, it provides hydrochloric acid, the same acid that is produced naturally by the stomach. As we age, many of us will experience a decrease in stomach acid; others may have inherent issues of low stomach acidity (known as hypochlorhydria), or it could be as a result of other factors such as a poor diet. Some of us may need some help to aid the digestive process and to support the associated discomfort.
The stomach is meant to be a strongly acidic environment, for very important reasons including:
• Stomach acid (gastric acid) is essential for the digestion of protein. It is needed to activate the powerful enzyme pepsin, which is essential for breaking down proteins into smaller fragments such as peptides and amino acids.
• Adequate acid is needed in order for the stomach to empty properly.
• Acid is required to sterilise the stomach, killing any bacteria or yeasts that may have been ingested with the food you eat.
• An acidic stomach environment is necessary for the absorption of certain micronutrients, especially minerals.
• Stomach acid allows vitamin B12 to be extracted from foods.
Low stomach acid can lead to the malabsorption of nutrients, including protein, other vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin B12 and iron. Easy dosing at 1-2 tablets with each main meal. Do read the cautions first to ensure this is a suitable supplement for you.
* NRV is the Nutrient Reference Value ✝ NRV not yet established
Coating: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, medium chain triglycerides, hydroxypropylcellulose
This product is hypoallergenic / does not contain any of the 14 major allergens listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation.
Dosage 1-2 tablets with each meal, or as directed.
Do not use if there is a prior history of or a current peptic or duodenal ulcer. If discomfort in the stomach occurs after administration, discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner. Store in a cool dark place. Do not chew or break the tablet. Tablet must be swallowed whole. If pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any kind of medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Can tablet be split into a smaller size? No
Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals.