Green Eggs for Breakfast...
“I do so like green eggs and ham! Thank you! Thank you, Sam-I-am!” -Dr Suess
This recipe is a super-healthy take on green eggs. It makes a brilliant breakfast, especially for targeting blood sugar balance, and weight loss and improved body composition too. Many people habitually reach for toast and cereal for breakfast, and find it a challenge to think of alternatives that are quick and easy to prepare, and filling too. This recipe ticks all the boxes for an easy alternative. It takes about 5 minutes from start to finish; about the same time it takes to put some cereal in a bowl.
You will need:
• 2 free range eggs
• Handful of purple sprouting broccoli
• 1 tablespoon live yoghurt
• 1 handful spinach
• 6 cherry tomatoes halved
• 30g feta cheese
• 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
• 1 lemon
(NB: all ingredients are organic where possible)
1. Steam the broccoli for a couple of minutes and squeeze over a little lemon
2. Whisk together the eggs, yoghurt, spinach and cherry tomatoes
3. Pour into a small frying pan and cook over a low heat until the eggs are fluffy
4. Top with steamed broccoli, feta cheese and sunflower seeds
5. Season with freshly ground black pepper, and enjoy!
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.
Most Popular Articles
Nutritionist Sarah Sharpe shares her experience of keeping her children William (3 years old) and Sophie (1 year old) well fed and balancing their differing diets.
Read a summary of the main stages of brain & cognitive development in children, and the key nutrients needed to optimise its function through these stages.