Guide for Use - UltraMeal™
What is UltraMeal™?
UltraMeal™ is a nutritional food supplement designed to support healthy body composition and blood sugar balance. UltraMeal™ provides a comprehensive range of nutrients scientifically selected to support healthy blood sugar metabolism thus helping to ensure that your lean muscle mass (energy reserves) is preserved at all times. By using UltraMeal™ as detailed in this easy-to-use guide you may notice improvements in your overall health and wellbeing over time.
How do I take UltraMeal™?
Because of the large and comprehensive range of nutrients, UltraMeal™ is taken in the form of a convenient drink or shake. Mix 2 scoops (unless advised otherwise by your health professional) of UltraMeal™ with approximately 250ml of pure water, diluted fruit juice or vegetable juice and consume within half an hour. UltraMeal™ can also be blended with fruit or a milk alternative into a delicious smoothie (see below for recipes).
How can I expect to feel on this programme?
Many people begin to feel better within a few weeks when using UltraMeal™ while some may take longer to notice improvement. If you experience any mild discomfort or side effects this may mean your programme needs to be adjusted and you need to contact your health care professional.
It is essential to your success that UltraMeal™ is used as part of a structured and supervised treatment plan. Please ensure you maintain an appointment schedule with your health care professional.
The UltraMeal™ Programme
The following step plan will help you to use the product.
Mix 2 scoops of UltraMeal™ with approximately 250ml of water, diluted fruit juice or vegetable juice and consume 3 times a day.
Average Duration: 1-7 Days
Mix 2 scoops of UltraMeal™ with approximately 250ml of water, diluted fruit juice or vegetable juice and consume twice a day.
Average Duration: 1-21 Days
Mix 2 scoops of UltraMeal™ with approximately 250ml of water, diluted fruit juice or vegetable juice and continue to consume 1-2 times daily as directed by your health care professional.
Average Duration: Ongoing as per your health care needs
Important note: Your health care practitioner may suggest alternative dietary modifications or further nutritional supplementation whilst on the UltraMeal programme. He or she will make these decisions based upon your health and your response to the programme.
Suggested Product Mixing Instructions
Combine 2 scoops of UltraMeal powder with 250ml of liquid (or adjust to your personal taste). Briskly stir or blend the product until mixed. Drink within ½ an hour. You may use UltraMeal as part of your meal, as a snack, or as a meal replacement. Based on the dietary plan you and your practitioner select, UltraMeal may be mixed with a variety of other liquids, fruits or vegetables. See below.
Using ½ water and ½ unsweetened fruit juice (eg pineapple, berry, apple, pear or peach) or milk substitute (rice, oat or nut - vanilla, carob or plan), mix with the UltraMeal powder in a blender or shaker cup.
For all of the recipes below, mix the ingredients in a blender (if using whole pieces of fruit) or a shaker cup along with 2 scoops of the UltraMeal powder. Add approximately 250ml of water or desired liquid and blend or shake to desired consistency. Adjust liquid according to personal taste.
Your UltraMeal™ Food Plan
The UltraMeal™ programme is simple to follow. You should feel full (not deprived) and should be able to continue your normal activities, including eating away from home or entertaining friends. Just be sure to do the following:
1. Take your UltraMeal™ daily.
2. Remember that not all fats are bad! Consume healthy fats and consider a fatty acid supplement.
3. Eat regular meals, selecting a variety of foods from the Enjoy Foods in the table below. Aim for 2-3 main meals per day with regular healthy snacks in between. You should aim to eat something every 2½ to 3 hours.
4. Make sure that you eat enough protein each day. You should aim to include a serving of protein with each meal to help preserve your muscle mass.
5. Drink plenty of water. Water is a natural diuretic that helps flush toxins from your body. It helps keep your appetite under control and, in combination with the fibre content of the UltraMeal™ products, assists with intestinal regularity.
6. Make sure that you get your 5 a day – vegetables are rich in the nutrients you need to build muscle and burn fat. Take advantage of the low glycaemic index vegetables. These are unlimited on a low GI plan and are full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and fibre.
7. Plan your meals for the day to ensure you are well prepared.
The UltraMeal™ Food Plan
UltraMeal™ Programme Tips
Making dietary changes can be hard so here are some useful tips to help you make changes easily.
• Don’t skip a meal: A low glycaemic plan diet is designed to nutritionally support your body as you lose fat and improve your body composition. If you skip a meal, you not only increase the likelihood that you will be excessively hungry later in the day (and perhaps then eat too much), but you will also deprive your body of some of the nutrients that ensure the success of the UltraMeal™ Programme.
• Eat slowly: Take at least 20 minutes to eat a meal. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to send the “full” message to your brain. If you hurry your meals, you can eat too much before you realise you are satisfied. Eating is a pleasant experience. Eating slowly helps you extend that pleasure as long as you can.
• Establish an eating environment: If possible, try to designate a place at home and at work where you can eat your meals in a calm, unhurried manner.
• Reorganise your kitchen: Get rid of obvious, high-fat junk foods. Plan activities that take you out of the kitchen.
• Prepare for times of weakness: Recognise times or events that signal you to eat, such as an argument, a hard day at work, talking on the telephone or your favourite television show. Plan activities that don’t involve food for these times, such as gardening or walking the dog.
• Indulge yourself: We all have favourite foods. Unfortunately, they are also often high calorie, unhealthy additions to your diet. You can develop new eating habits with the help of UltraMeal while still pampering yourself. We all have favourite fruits and vegetables: peaches, berries, carrot sticks, etc. Buy and keep some of these on hand, and use them as “treats” for yourself. This will help change your habits.
• Be your own best friend: If your friend makes a mistake, you don’t call him a failure or tell her to give up. If you temporarily stray from your new eating plan, don’t be hard on yourself. Treat each lapse as a temporary problem, not a sign of failure. Simply resume your programme and don’t look back.
• Include exercise in your programme: Moderate exercise, such as brisk walking for 30 minutes, at least three times a week is suggested.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is body composition?
A. Body composition is the ratio of fat to muscle in the body. For example, a 30 year old woman should have a body composition of about 25% fat and 75% muscle. You can increase your muscle to fat ratio by exercising and eating properly.
Q. Why is body composition so important?
A. Muscle tissue burns calories so having a high amount of muscle tissue raises our metabolism and enables us to consume more calories without gaining weight. Having an ideal body composition means you are at low risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, diseases associated with hormone imbalance, joint pain, low energy levels and poor body image.
Q. Who can take UltraMeal™?
A. Those who are overweight, healthy people who might miss meals occasionally (or need healthy snacks), people with blood sugar balance problems, body builders and athletes, the elderly (who often have inadequate diets) and chronic fatigue patients (as a boost to their diet).
Q. Can I use this diet if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
A. No. Safety has not been established.
Q. What about allergies?
A. People who are intolerant or have allergies to soy cannot use UltraMeal™. All UltraMeal™ products are yeast, egg, wheat and gluten free.
Q. Is UltraMeal™ suitable for diabetics?
A. Yes. UltraMeal™ does not contain sucrose (table sugar); it is sweetened with natural fructose (fruit sugar) and has a low glycaemic index.
Q. Can UltraMeal™ be taken with prescription medication?
A. Yes, but we recommend that you consult with your doctor prior to beginning the UltraMeal™ programme.
Q. How long do I need to remain on the programme?
A. Patients usually experience benefits after around four weeks. Body composition programmes typically last for 12 weeks. UltraMeal™ is safe to use until your body composition goals are reached and one serving of UltraMeal™ a day can be included for as long as desired.
Q. Will I need any other supplements while on the programme?
A. UltraMeal™ is nutritionally complete, however unless you are eating healthy omega fats found in nuts, seeds and oily fish (mackerel, herring, salmon, sardines, fresh tuna) several times a week you will need a high quality omega-3 rich fatty acid supplement to help achieve optimum results.
Q. Can UltraMeal™ be used with a glycaemic load diet?
A. UltraMeal™ has a glycaemic index of 31 and a glycaemic load of 7. It is ideally suited to both a glycaemic index and a glycaemic load diet.
Most Popular Articles
Jo Gamble talks through what goes on her client mind map including her thoughts on testing, underlying causes and supplements to consider with Hashimoto's.