When it comes to female hormone balance there’s some foods that can only be described as superheroes! These include cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower, and phytoestrogen-rich foods such as tofu and miso. Here we share some simple recipes that feature these ‘hormone-balancing superheroes’ which, when eaten regularly as part of a balanced, nutrient-dense diet, have the potential to significantly support your health.
Tofu Miso Hummus
You will need:
300g firm silken tofu
200g organic canned chickpeas
3 tbsp tahini
4 tbsp miso paste
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
2. Season to taste and serve with a selection of vegetable sticks (celery, pepper, carrot & cucumber)
Cauliflower & Turmeric Soup
You will need:
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp turmeric powder OR thumb-sized piece fresh turmeric (grated)
2 tbsp coconut oil
750ml chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
1 x cauliflower (finely chopped)
1 x 400g tin chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
125ml coconut milk
1. Crush the garlic and leave to stand for 10 minutes whilst you prepare the rest of the vegetables
2. In a large soup pan, on a low heat, add the coconut oil, onion, garlic & turmeric
3. Mix together and cook gently for 5-10 mins until the onions are transparent
4. Add the cauliflower & chicken stock and partially cover the pan.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
6. Blend half with a hand blender so there are still chunky bits of cauliflower left in it.
7. Add the chickpeas and coconut milk and heat gently.
8. Season to taste, garnish with tasty herbs and enjoy!
Health Professional Resource
Learn more about the upcoming brand new live Perimenopause Programme for supporting women through their hormonal changes during the perimenopause and menopause.
This website and its content is copyright of Nutri Advanced ©. All rights reserved. See our terms & conditions for more detail.