Please note that this product will arrive with a Vegan Vitamin D3 label but is the correct Vitamin D Drops for Babies formula. This formula is suitable for both vegans and babies.
Liquid Vitamin D3 drops, providing 400IU per drop and are suitable from birth
Each 1 drop provides 400IU of vitamin D3 which is the amount recommended by Public Health England for babies from birth
Contain no preservatives, no flavours and no colours so you can feel confident to give them safely from birth
Flexible dosing enables you to easily increase the dosage for older children and even adults
Vitamin D3 is the body's preferred form of vitamin D as it's the same form that's naturally produced by the body in response to sunlight
Why do babies need Vitamin D?
Babies have a crucial need for vitamin D to ensure the optimal development and growth of their bones and teeth, and for the prevention of rickets. Adequate vitamin D is also essential for babies to ensure their developing immune system learns to function optimally. As vitamin D plays a critical role in cell division, this is essential for all of the cells of a rapidly growing baby.
Babies that are breastfed need supplemental vitamin D from birth. According to government guidelines, bottle-fed babies generally don't need extra vitamin D until around 6 months of age, as formula is fortified with vitamin D. It is important to ensure your baby obtains 400IU of vitamin D3 per day from birth (check amounts in formula and how much is consumed daily).
Babies have reduced exposure to sunlight, creating a greater need for vitamin D from birth.
Why choose our Vitamin D For Babies?
Ensure your baby is consuming 400IU of vitamin D daily, from birth. These D3 drops provide 400IU per drop, so only 1 drop is needed; being drops, this provides easy and flexible dosing as they grow, also for older children and even adults. Use with confidence as they contain no preservatives, flavours or colours.
Vitamin D3 400IU Vegan is a brand new liquid vitamin D3 formula from Nutri Advanced that provides 400IU per drop.
• Vitamin D3 sourced from lichen – therefore suitable for those following a vegan diet
• Vitamin D3 is the preferred form of vitamin D for the body
• It is recommended that everyone in the UK should take at least 400IU (10 mcg) of vitamin D throughout autumn and winter
• At-risk groups are advised to take vitamin D3 all year round
• At-risk groups include those with little sun exposure, those with darker skin and children aged 1-4 years
• It is recommended that breastfed babies are supplemented with 400IU of vitamin D3 daily from birth
• Formula milk is fortified with vitamin D, so generally bottle-fed babies may not require supplementation until they are 6 months of age
• These drops are suitable for everyone, including infants from birth, younger children and even adults
• A liquid form provides easy and flexible dosing
• Free-from preservatives, flavours and colours – therefore suitable from birth
As food sources of vitamin D come almost exclusively from animal products, vegans need to be even more aware of potential vitamin D deficiency, and ensure adequate sun exposure (impossible 6 months of the year here in the UK) and supplementation
Each drop typically contains:
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)*
400 iu (10 µg)
*Vegan source of cholecalciferol from lichen.
Ingredients: Cholecalciferol Medium chain triglycerides D alpha tocopherol
Babies & young children: 1 drop daily. Older children & adults: 1-5 drops daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals.